My Blog List

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Special Activity: MOMI

So I was on a tour at the Museum of the Moving Image yesterday and picked up a few fun facts. The building was once a part of Paramount studios. It is now home to different props, wardrobes, and collectables from movies and television shows within our history up to current day. You can also gain a glimpse of the progression of cameras and gain a visual how these such cameras also changed going from a small box setup to a more advanced 3 color film strip setup. As I continued to walk about the building my tour guide sort of rushed the group I was with so to truly appreciate the content I will have to go back a second time. What I did get from this is a better sense of how film developed throughout time. Also saw a demonstration of how music in a movie can help illustrate a scene. I was a bit disappointed that the tour guide did not touch more on the special effects within movies. For me the best part of the whole tour was the section of the of these special effects even though we did not get a chance to really touch basis on this section it was still nice to be able to see these effects close up.

The tour guide discussed still shot animation. The double-sided figure of the bird and the cage and the concept of how “Rest” was used with this image to provide the illusion on what we had seen. Another one was how a scientific question of “If a horse runs at full speed around a track; is there a point at which all four legs come off the ground at the same time?” This notion led to the development of film animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment